15 December, 2015
13 December, 2015
14 June, 2015
Ramadan is coinciding with the summer equinox, meaning we’d be fasting during the longest days of the year (in the Northern Hemisphere). I've taken this opportunity to collate some dietary advices that will make those fasts easier for us and help us achieve the health benefits of fasting, inshaAllah. Fasting can be very good for our health if done correctly. So, let’s do it right.
13 June, 2015
Money cannot buy happiness. Some say it’s a “wisdom” carefully invented by the poor as in the Fox and the grapes fable. Some believe the idea is supported by research. For most, it does not matter. Most have unconsciously subscribed to a law that bluntly states ‘ I need (more) money to be happy’. The law does not state what more quantifies. ‘ But you know, I need more to buy a house, the car that I’ve always wanted…’. And most never inspected what they really need and want. What they think they need and want is a list of socially conditioned desires. Let’s ask our selves really basic questions about money.
I was interviewed by Voice of Cape (South African Radio Channel) regarding philosophical and psychological insights into fasting.
- Meaning of Self-Restraint (Taqwa)
- Fasting a journey to being truly autonomous
- Short-term Psychological benefits of Fasting
11 June, 2015
I was interviewed by Voice of Cape (South African Radio Channel) on the Moon Sighting controversy in the Muslim World and my thoughts on the subject.
- History & disputes in Solar Calendars
- History & disputes in Lunar Calendars
- Differences between Lunar & Solar Calendars
- Quran & Hadith on Moon Sighting
- Quran on Astronomy
- Do Muslims need a unified calendar
- Is global moon sighting possible or desired?