Followers

23 January, 2010

Reborn!


بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ

 
In the name of Allah the beneficent, the Merciful

 
"I wish I was never born…." I said to myself. It was again the usual depression I was going through from past one year. I had just come back from my High School Farewell Party and was tired enough. After all it was a whole day of laughter's, enjoyment, and screaming, fun, excitement and not to forget the dances which I was preparing for quite sometime. I dropped myself in bed and opened my eyes when it was 12 in night. Nobody was home except my brother as usual.

 

"Life is meaningless!" Sipping the hot coffee I again thought. In spite of all that fun I just had, there was deep silence within myself. "Maybe it's just that I take things too much on my mind". "Of course I have a LIFE. I have everything I want. I have a big family, siblings, I have a long list of achievements, I have countless friends everywhere…I have won 3 Scholarships. Not everyone can do this?" I sighed. "I do have a purpose. I am going to conquer the world. Who says I am unlucky?!!" I was continuously fighting within myself. After sometime I had enough of it. Long hours of sleep had done nothing better than tiring me more. I closed my eyes in despair.

 

One year before, Things were not the same. I thought I was the happiest person of this world. I would enjoy every second of my life. I would impress people with my intellect; I would love everyone without a reason. I would go to parties with every bit of me shining as a lively person. Studies were always so much fun, Hence I was someone worth mentioning in all fields of my life. But suddenly it all changed to nothing. I lost the interest, the spark that attracted me everywhere; most glamorous things started appearing worthless to me." What is it dear!?" My friends would ask and it was nothingness!

 

"I wish I was never born". I opened my eyes on some loud bang. It was screaming sound of music and the loud voice of my brother coming from his room. At once it struck my mind, "Nothingness..?" I repeated. What is going to be after this Nothingness?" I asked myself. "The purpose of my life - Fun, Hanging out, Studies, Career, and Marriage and then…?" I skipped a heart beat. It was coming to me. I could not name it but it was a feeling I never had before. Someone was putting the answer into my mind and I stood up. I looked at the top shelf of my cupboard, The Holy Book; Quran; it laid there, Forgotten and silent still speaking. I held it, opening with trembling hands; I remember it said something that "WE created you from the wombs of your mothers…So that you are thankful".
"Oh My God!" so that was the vacuum. I was shivering.

 

Days passed and a whole new person was born in me. A person least bothered about the lavish life style but searching for the real purpose of life and gain Peace. It was then, one of my friends told me about an institute to know about the religion of peace, Islam. I decided to go for it, and being a free individual of my home I mentioned it to my parents. "What? Honey! You have a lot more things to do. There's so much time yet, Do it some other time." was the immediate answer of my father to my dismay. "So much time Dad? Are you sure?" I asked in shock, and there He was NOT. I could not stand his opposition and I knew I had to find someway.

 

With tears in my eyes I was going in my room when suddenly the door bell rang and I opened the door. It was my Best friend, the Best I would call for sure now, with admission forms of that institute in her hands. I could not speak and she did not ask. The only thing I could hear was Athan coming from nearby Mosque,
"Come to the Success!!" "Come to the success!!"

 

With trembling heart and tearing eyes I smiled looking into the sky. Because today I knew what it really meant. HE was calling me to the purpose of life I always forgot.

 


 


 

 
Author : Anonymous

The admin may or may not have the same views on the topic and would not like to be quoted on what has been said above. The admin, however, deems nothing wrong with changing opinions, hence, he does not wish to amend/remove posts that do not resonate with his current thinking. 
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”

Send your comments and suggestions to feedback@exploringpsyche.com

SEE THE COMPLETE LIST OF ARTICLES HERE

Get Updates for New Post:

8 comments:

Muhammad Awais Tahir said...

SubhanAllah !! A Beautfiul Story !! It touches one's heart !!

"With trembling heart and tearing eyes I smiled looking into the sky. Because today I knew what it really meant. HE was calling me to the purpose of life I always forgot."

Genious said...

Treasure.... MashaALLAH.

May Allah bless you Akhi for this blog! Aameen.

Serene said...

MashAllaah..

Heart touching and a real eye opener..

A story of many of us who need to REBORN...

Bela said...

The blessing of Hidayah by Allah Almighty is always preceded by a brief period of depression in which we feel lost...

We get lost to find ourselves..!!

Good job.BarakAllahu Feeka..May Allah keep u and me steadfast on the right path.Ameen

Anonymous said...

very heart touching mashallah you have finally come to the senses of the really meaning of islam what a beautiful story and inshallah your love for allah and islam grows more.

Bela said...

The blessing of Hidayah by Allah Almighty is always preceded by a brief period of depression in which we feel lost...

We get lost to find ourselves..!!

Good job.BarakAllahu Feeka..May Allah keep u and me steadfast on the right path.Ameen

Serene said...

MashAllaah..

Heart touching and a real eye opener..

A story of many of us who need to REBORN...

Muhammad Awais Tahir said...

SubhanAllah !! A Beautfiul Story !! It touches one's heart !!

"With trembling heart and tearing eyes I smiled looking into the sky. Because today I knew what it really meant. HE was calling me to the purpose of life I always forgot."

Post a Comment