Followers

17 November, 2010

Hijaab-The Personification of Haya


It was time, when I got to know that it's not to attract others, and get praises but to distract their desires! Its not to beautify my appearance but to beautify my soul!
I am a real pearl



Why do they say that Hijaabis look like angels? I have been a Hijaabi since long, but I never witnessed that angelic look in me. May be it's because of the glasses I wear or may be because I don't have a beautiful Abaya!
But even when I got contact lenses and a 'beautiful' Abaya, I could not find that angelic look that I was always looking for. People would praise me that I look good, but I won't see the good I had thought of. Days would go searching for the best head scarves, looking for different hijaab styles and yet! Not finding the beauty I dreamt of!Whenever the "why" thought came to my mind, asking me "why" do I want to look beautiful in hijaab? I would always think "ALLAH is Beautiful, and HE loves beauty", that is why I also want to look beautiful! And there's nothing wrong in it!
Striving hard for "beauty", was frustrating, I would stop looking at the mirror when the frustration would go to the limits! "I am not beautiful".
It was indeed ALLAH's Mercy that I never thought of putting off my hijaab, even when "beauty-thoughts" would haunt me. I strive and strive hard until I became aware of my inner-self! I had someone inside me, always telling that hijaab is my beauty, my Iman is my beauty! But the material ifs and buts would almost kill this voice! The voice would get louder in solitude but weaker in gatherings! Someone inside me pushed me to do good always but I never recognized it!
It was time when I got to know the "reality" of Hijaab! when I got to know that it was not about the "angelic look" but the "angelic heart" and that I will get that heart not through "Hijaab-styles" but through "Haya-the essence of Hijaab"
It was time, when I got to know that it's not to attract others, and get praises but to distract their desires! Its not to beautify my appearance but to beautify my soul!
And AlhamduLILLAH...I am a real pearl now! Covered in Haya n protected with Hijaab!
 

 
 
Author: Faiza bint Abdul Qayyum

The admin may or may not have the same views on the topic and would not like to be quoted on what has been said above. The admin, however, deems nothing wrong with changing opinions, hence, he does not wish to amend/remove posts that do not resonate with his current thinking. 
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”

Send your comments and suggestions to feedback@exploringpsyche.com
  

SEE THE COMPLETE LIST OF ARTICLES HERE

Get Updates for New Post:

8 comments:

Muhammad Awais Tahir said...

SubhanAllah, beautiful ! Brief and effective ! Not only will it help those who don't realize the importance of hijaab, but it will shake those too who restrict hijab to a physical matter, and forget the hijab of the heart, in sha Allah !

May... Allah Bless you Loads for the beautiful write up !

Bela said...

It was a great reminder for those who observe hijab. Its not about how "cool" u look in Hijaab, its abt how cool ur heart and ieman is.

Short and precise. MashaAllah. BarakAllahu Feeka

P.S. Write about "other" benefits of Hijaab too, Faiza. e.g. how it saves time, no tension for new and in-fashion clothes for uni, a feeling of being shielded from every eye..and I normally put it in this expression "we r too beautiful to be available for all" :D

Awais said...

MashAllah...very nicely said...I loved this statement
"it's not to attract others, and get praises but to distract their desires! Its not to beautify my appearance but to beautify my soul!"

faiza said...

Assalam u alaikum wr wb!
JazakALLAH khair for ur comments!
@Bela: again i have the same feeling after reading ur comment "i havnt written even a bit about the issue" :)

Anonymous said...

Nazir Mukarram said,,,
masha Allah,.. very nice expression of the true meaning of Hijab.. But, I always been saying the same phrase about hijabis... and that has never been about any stylish hijab or abaya, but this from me, has always been for the sisters, covering all their selves and with no strive for zeenat through the abaya.. may Allah bless them all and you my sis...

irum raza said...

very nice, well i remember i read some where
once HAZRAT ALI(A.S) asked HAZRAT FATIMAH(R.A)
wot is the most beautiful thing for a woman?
she (R.A) replied that no non mahram would see har and she would not see any non mahram...........
may ALLAH bless us all with the true hadaya

irum raza said...

very nice, well i remember i read some where
once HAZRAT ALI(A.S) asked HAZRAT FATIMAH(R.A)
wot is the most beautiful thing for a woman?
she (R.A) replied that no non mahram would see har and she would not see any non mahram...........
may ALLAH bless us all with the true hadaya

Anonymous said...

Nazir Mukarram said,,,
masha Allah,.. very nice expression of the true meaning of Hijab.. But, I always been saying the same phrase about hijabis... and that has never been about any stylish hijab or abaya, but this from me, has always been for the sisters, covering all their selves and with no strive for zeenat through the abaya.. may Allah bless them all and you my sis...

Post a Comment